Код ошибки 3 0x80004002 system level google chrome
Chrome Update Failed Error Code 3 (Solved)
On a Windows based computer, Chrome browser cannot receive the new updates automatically and when you manually check for new updates (from the Chrome Settings menu > Help > About Google Chrome), you receive the following error: «An error occurred while checking for updates. Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80080005) or (error code 3: 0x80040154).»
This guide contains instructions to resolve Google Chrome Update errors on Windows 10/8/7/Vista
How to fix Chrome Update Check Failed problem.
Suggestion: Before proceeding to the methods below, make sure that your system is virus free by following the instructions on this guide: Virus and Malware Removal Guide.
Method-1. Enable Google Update services.
The first method to fix the Chrome Update problem is to check that the Google Update services, are enabled.
1. Open Windows Services control panel: To do that:
2. In Services control panel, locate the following services Google Update Services: *
* Note: If you cannot see the above services in Services list, then skip the rest steps and proceed to the next method.
3. Right click on the first service (Google Update Service (gupdate) and select Properties.
4. Set the Startup type to Automatic or to Automatic (Delayed Start) and click OK.
5. Then right click on the second service (Google Update Service (gupdatem)) and select Properties.
6. Set the Startup type to Manual and click OK.
7. Restart your computer and try to update Chrome again.
Method-2. Enable Chrome Update in Windows Registry.
In some cases, Chrome Update is disabled through Windows Registry. At these cases, you have to modify the Windows Registry in order to enable Chrome updates again. *
* Note: If you cannot find the mentioned registry keys below («UpdateDefault» & «DefaultUpdate») on your system, then continue to the next method.
1. Open Registry Editor: To do that:
2. Navigate to the following key at the left pane:
3. At right panel double click on UpdateDefault key.
4. Change the value data to 1
5. Then navigate at this key:
6. At right panel double click on UpdateDefault key (if exists) and change the value data to 1
7. Close Registry editor and restart your computer.
8. Try to Update Google Chrome again.
Method-3. Run Google Update Manually.
Chrome Update process, uses the «GoogleUpdate. exe» application to download and install Chrome updates. The «GoogleUpdate» application is located at one of the following locations on your disk:
So navigate, at the above locations to find out if the «GoogleUpdate. exe» exists.
– If you cannot find the «GoogleUpdate. exe» at one of the above locations, then the only solution to resolve the «Chrome cannot check for updates» problem, is to reinstall Chrome, by using the instructions in Method-4 below.
– If you find the «GoogleUpdate. exe» application, in one of the above locations, then:
1. Close Chrome browser.
2. Open Command Prompt: To do that:
3. In the command prompt navigate to the folder which the «GoogleUpdate. exe» application is located. *
* e. g. If the «GoogleUpdate. exe» application, is located at «C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Update» directory, type this command:
4. Then type the following command and press Enter:
5. Close Command Prompt window.
6. Open Google Chrome Settings > Help > About and check if Chrome is updated. If not, then proceed to the next method.
Method-4. Uninstall & Reinstall Google Chrome.
The last – and in most cases the easiest – solution to resolve Chrome Update problems, is to completely uninstall and reinstall Chrome on your system.
1. Backup Chrome bookmarks.
2. Open Programs and features. To do that:
3. Highlight the Google Chrome from the installed programs and choose Uninstall.
4. Then Delete the following folders (in bold letters) from your disk:
5. Finally Download and install Google Chrome on your system again. *
* Note: Alternately, you can try to install Chrome by using the Offline Chrome Standalone Installer.
That’s all folks! Did it work for you?
Please leave a comment in the comment section below or even better: like and share this blog post in the social networks to help spread the word about this guide.
There’s no denying that Google Chrome is a stable browser and a great tool to surf the internet. Still, not even this app is issue-free.
An example is this message in Chrome: An error occurred while checking for updates.
Many people encountered this problem, as one user said on the official Google Help page:
Can anyone help on this?
I have tried everything I can think of..
An error occurred while checking for updates: Update check failed to start (error code 3: 0x80004002 — system level).
As you can see, this user encountered error code 3: 0x80004002 while trying to update Chrome. Moreover, no solution worked for the OP, although he didn’t give any details on how he tried to fix the issue.
Therefore, today we will show you how to fix An error occurred while checking for updates in Chrome.
How do I fix errors on Chrome while checking for updates?
1. Use a different browser
You can spend some time fixing Chrome or you can switch to a more reliable browser like Opera. Not only that it updates twice a month but it’s also extremely easy to perform this action.
You just need to select the Update & Recovery option from the menu and if you have any new updates, they will start downloading and installing automatically.
By updating so often, Opera stays ahead in the game remaining stable and error-free.
Other advantages of Opera include the rich-featured sidebar, built-in ad blocker and VPN, seamless tab management system, and many other treats that you will discover after you install it for free.
Opera stays always fresh and stable because it gets updated twice a month. It’s fast, reliable, free and ready to be made your own.
2. Restart Chrome
3. Restart your computer
Hopefully, this will work. If not, try our next method.
4. Check if the Google Update service is enabled
5. Reinstall Chrome
You should use this method as a last resort, but sometimes, reinstalling Chrome could solve An error occurred while checking for updates error.
Make sure you save your important information before uninstalling the browser. Also, you can use an uninstallation tool to delete the program safely.
To see how to install Chrome, be sure to check our in-depth Chrome installation guide.
Chrome updates are crucial, but many users encountered problems while trying to update their browser. Still, as you can see from this article, this issue has very few simple solutions.
Did you find our solutions helpful? Do let us know in the comments section below!
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool: